Sunday, October 5, 2008

Various and Sundry Tidbits

I've been tagged. I've been tagged a few times, really. I kind of have a hard time writing stuff like this about myself because I find it difficult to believe that anyone else could find it interesting, but as people keep tagging me . . . there must be some sort of a demand I suppose. So here you go:
10 Quirky things you probably didn't know about me:

1- I can't just sit and watch TV. I usually have to fold laundry, do sit-ups, aerobics, clean, or write e-mail.

2- I love the Casino episode of The Office. I've watched it like 9 times. I feel a little guilty about this, I should watch something deeper, like Citizen Kane or something. But The Office makes me happy because I used to work at a miserable office just like that!
My favorite part of The Casino episode is when Pam calls her mom because Jim has confessed his love for her. I'd probably call my mom too. I see a lot of myself in Pam, but I like to think that I have better hair. I know, I should be deeper than caring about that too, but her hair reminds me of a bad perm I had in 7th grade. Give that girl a banana clip.

3- Speaking of hair, I tried to grow mine out. I've been trying for the past six or seven months but I just can't stand it. Last week I went under the axe and it is back to its normal short self.
Before:
After:


4- I have a serious Extra sugar free gum habit. I've tried to kick it a couple of times, but it keeps me off Diet Coke and chocolate (mostly) so I always go back.

5- I like to decorate cakes.

6- My most embarrassing moment occurred when I was trying to pee off the back of a sailboat in the dark on Bear Lake. On a date. 'Nuff said.

7- I am impatient. Once I buy a gift for someone, I can hardly wait to give it to them. This is one of Michael's favorite things to tease me about.

8- I took piano lessons for seven years and still can't play . . . one of my biggest regrets.

9- I don't like the Twilight series (gasp). The first two were tolerable, entertaining enough to read for fun . . . but the third book drove me nuts. I wasn't planning to read the fourth book, but a friend brought it over (we swap books) so I skimmed it and read the end. Eh.

10- I don't like to drive, but I do like to go places. As a consummate pedestrian, it is killing me to live in a neighborhood with no sidewalks, but I still manage to put a lot of mileage on the stroller. Probably no walking tomorrow though, I stepped on one of the kid's toys earlier today and did a number (seven I think) on my foot. I'm thinking I could pull a classic Michael Scott and wrap it in bubble wrap for a cast . . . Ooh! That would be an awesome Halloween costume! Look for me as Michael Scott in a dress shirt with crutches and bubble wrap on my foot.

8 comments:

jennis said...

Nice haircut mandy!

vcsings said...

I will second the part about not being able to sit still and watch tv. So Annoying! Great exercise though!

Jen said...

I LOVE your hair. It's super cute short, or longer, because you have a darling face to pull it off. Not all can do that you know! I agree on the Twilight series, only I still read the whole 4th book because I am a sucker for lame entertainment! Fun post! I like hearing about you!

Amy D said...

I love the hair! And I love Extra gum too. Is there something wrong with Extra gum? I think not. I'm heading down to the treadmill right now to watch our recorded version of The Office season premiere. Love it!

amydear said...

Love it all! I can't wait to see you on Halloween. The Office keeps me sane. How come I never get tagged? No demand, I guess.

Mandy said...

First Amy- Nothing wrong with gum . . . except when you chew so much that your jaw hurts . . .

Second Amy- I tag you!

Crawdad said...

The things I learn about my daughter, later on in life. "Sitting on the back of a sale boat.......?" I've never done anything that crazy, ha ha ha!

Nice haircut, looks good on ya mate!

Amy D said...

OK, now that I read it again, I realize that you were referring to Amy #1 and Amy #2. I thought you were saying, "First, Amy..." and then "Second, Amy..." Now I feel dumb, but it was an honest mistake, I promise!