This habit has become particularly concerning as the weather has recently turned. And when I say turned, I mean school has been canceled for three days. Ooof. Ark. Gak. Ow. Your prayers for my sanity and the health of my perpetually jumped on sofa cushions are appreciated.
So our bedtime routine now involves sneaking in after he has drifted off to put the footie jammies back on his adorable, sleeping, shivering baby body. I love my life.
9 comments:
Hey! We have school today. Ironically, it's also early release day. Happy early winter break! If it snows today (and it's supposed to), I'm sure they'll be home again tomorrow. Sigh.
Well, on the glass-is-half-full side of things, you can be happy that he is just taking off his clothes. Our oldest used to do that, but then he'd poop (it was like it was on command), climb out of bed, then drive his trucks through it and shut bits of it inside his books. Many trucks and books became casualties of that phase.
Wow, that comment above is just gross and should make any mom thankful! What is it with kids and clothes? They really aren't a necessity for them.
Julie,
Thanks for the perspective. That is disgusting. I am thankful that you (and Drew) managed to live through it.
If you can believe it, Dallas actually shuts down more than here. Nobody goes on the freeways and no business open.
Meri has taken to removing all clothing and her diaper too. This usually happens when she wants to play dress-up. Apparently princesses don't wear diapers.
We had a naked baby also, I was so worried that I would check on him multiple times in a night to make sure he was ok.
Okay, between this post and Julie's comment, I am cracking up right now! Ain't motherhood grand!
That looks familiar. Connor likes to sleep in his summer jammies when it's 20 degrees outside. Best of luck with the kids being out of school for so many days. As if 2 1/2 weeks isn't enough of a "vacation"...whose vacation is it, anyway? Certainly not the Moms'!!!
At least he sleeps deeply enough for you to put the jammies back on.
Post a Comment