That is how we feel about Alice. We haven't been down an aisle this pink before. She is a quintessential girl, which is good because this house needs a little more dainty and a little less rough and tumble (not to mention boogers, smells of an intolerable nature and an insatiable desire to play with plastic swords).
Last week we went to IKEA to buy a bookshelf for her room and a dresser for T, and this is what she convinced us to come home with:
A PINK bookshelf. We did not originally intend to buy a PINK bookshelf, but she batted her eyelashes at us and used her feminine wiles on her daddy to get what she wanted. Now that it is in her room, I realize that I really like the pink bookshelf. Not that her room needed any more pink . . . it just needed more Alice.The pink Lack shelf holds some of her favorite Christmas presents. Remember how she wanted to ask Santa for a real life-size remote control flying pink glittery horse? This is what she had to settle for. And she was thrilled to do so.
And this:
I'm glad that she loves that Playmobil Circus as much as she does, because it only had a million gajillion tiny pieces for me to assemble, and I was almost not happy with it for a few moments here and there during its construction (however, since I was not at all involved in the assemblage of the IKEA furninture, I had very little room to complain).Other Alice favorites include these books:
Alice the Fairy, I like. Pinkalicious is a little weird, but it makes her happy . . . and, as evidenced by the pink bookshelf, that is apparently the most important thing.
And of course, the Lelli Kellys. As much as I love them, I'm nearly sick of seeing them. I hate to imagine the tears that will be shed when she can't jam her feet into them any longer.
10 comments:
Pink is a wonderful color, although purple is better:)We are starting to get a little more boy in our house to balance all the girl, but I am still partial to pink and purple over blue and green.
Those shoes are adorable! Can I get them in a 7 1/2?!!
Wow, that is a lot of pink. but it is very very cute
We have definately not been down that aisle before!
It's all boogers and smells and plastic swords at my house.
Should I be worried that when my son is asked what his favorite color is, he says pink?!? Maybe he has been around me too long, or maybe Alice is getting into his head. :D
I love pink too! Way to be Alice! Enjoy Mandy! You always seemed to like the less frilly dresses and such for yourself, but you did like to beautify the barbies! Love you, MOM
Looks like we will have to become familiar with the world of pink soon too. I will need some pointers. We are looking forward to the concert later this month, and were happily reminded of what we will get to see at the inauguration this morning. See you soon.
I love it! Keep her in the pink. It suits her perfectly.
We surrendered to the pink and purple long ago. I actually have distinct memories of Jared's air of resignation on Kendra's 2nd birthday. Way to establish your own territory, Alice!
Pink is something we don't see a whole heck of a lot of around here, but I sure love it. Alice is such a doll!
Post a Comment