Am I the weirdo mom for handing out baggies of grapes and low-fat granola bars when it is my turn to do snack?
And I'm sorry, but if you go to Target wearing a red shirt and khaki pants I'm going to assume you work there. Don't get huffy when I ask you where the hand sanitizer is. (Plus, you knew where it was, you were standing right next to it.)
Why do I get nickeled and dimed up to $300 every time school starts back up again? School pictures! Join the PTA! Instrument rental! Class party fee! Special shoes just for PE so the gym floor stays tidy!
Why haven't I put first day of school pictures up yet? The kids went back a week ago!
Is it SO impossible for car dealerships to be a little bit honest? After haggling for three hours over the Odyssey (henceforth dubbed the Oddity) we bought last month, the guy assured me that it had just had all it's routine maintenance done and was completely "up to date." Oh yeah? Why did I just have to drop $300 on brake pads, rotors, a transmission flush and oil change? And not a one of those things covered by the warranty.
Okay, I feel better now. Thanks.
7 comments:
Why do we even have to give the kids snacks after a soccer game? One parent totally forgot their assignment for one of our games and no child seemed heartbroken to leave without a handful of junk food.
Thank you for making me and Scott laugh, but we were laughing with you cause we totally understand. Fortunately we still do oranges for snacks but footballers get gatorade for drinks. Yes, school is expensive here Also and there arent many honest used car salesmen around, the only one i knew passed away a year ago.
You are the smart and non-cheapskate mom! You put thought and effort into children's health, whereas other mom's are too busy, and hurry and pick up something on the way there that's cheap, and most likely fattening.
You're not crazy.
You're just fighting the fat-fight! Haha!
And the target vent cracks me up. I can't tell you how many times someone has asked me a question at a store....because I have a long necklace on they mistaked for a lanyard.
Every once in a while I end up at Target in a red shirt and khaki. I try to avert my eyes from anyone looking like they want to ask me a question. :)
Having one of those moments, huh? Yes, I totally get it.
I hear you on the expensive back to school thing. Our PTA decided to not do the very popular fall carnival this year, but still asked for a $100 donation from each family "because that's what every family usually spends on the carnival anyway". Hello??? If you don't put on the carnival, I'm not just going to give you money for being lazy. And sorry about the car troubles. I don't think anybody's honest anymore. Quality service, what's that? Thanks for the laughs.
Hee hee. Thanks for you post. It's making me feel much better.
Post a Comment